Once you have received a RMA (return merchandise authorization) number, you can return ship your microAeth to AethLabs. Carefully follow all RMA instructions in your support case RMA email.
The following is for reference only as of January 1, 2019:
- All of our microAeth instruments have internal lithium-ion batteries. You do not have to and should not remove batteries from any microAeth.
- You are ultimately responsible for following all International Air Transport Association (IATA) shipping guidelines for both domestic and international shipments to make sure that you comply with all laws for shipping "Lithium-Ion Batteries Contained In Equipment" which is described under "UN3481 PI967".
- You can look up all UN3481 PI967 requirements with any commercial shipper by searching for "UN3481 PI967". For instance, see DHL's site.
- Carefully follow all customs/duties instructions and regulations.
- You may need to consult with your local customs authority or a professional carrier/freight forwarder to ensure your shipment has been properly declared with an appropriate customs documentation and value.
- Harmonized System (HS), Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), or Schedule B Code: 9026806000
- United States Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) Code: EAR99
- United States Export License Number: NLR
For more information, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section: Returns, repair, and shipping