An RMA (return merchandise authorization) number is required before shipping to AethLabs.
Limits on microAeth instrument quantities packed in each shipment box are defined by International Air Transport Association (IATA) UN3481 packing instruction PI967 guidelines. Use the below calculator for reference.
The following is for reference only as of January 1, 2020:Download it here.
- Affix a color version of the lithium ion label to shipment box. Download it here.
- Write your phone number on the label.
- Write next to label: “Lithium ion batteries in compliance with Section II of PI967”
- Label shipment documentation with “Lithium ion Batteries Contained In Equipment” and “Lithium ion batteries in compliance with Section II of PI967”
- Carefully follow all customs/duties instructions and regulations.
- You may need to consult with your local customs authority or a professional carrier/freight forwarder to ensure your shipment has been properly declared with an appropriate customs documentation and value.
- Harmonized System (HS), Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), or Schedule B Code: 9026806000
- United States Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) Code: EAR99
- United States Export License Number: NLR
For more information, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section: Returns, repair, and shipping
- All of our microAeth instruments have internal lithium-ion batteries. You do not have to and should not remove batteries from any microAeth.
- RMA (return merchandise authorization) number is required before shipping to AethLabs. Carefully follow all RMA instructions in your support case RMA email.
- You are ultimately responsible for following all International Air Transport Association (IATA) shipping guidelines for both domestic and international shipments to make sure that you comply with all laws for shipping “Lithium-Ion Batteries Contained In Equipment” which is described under “UN3481 PI967 Section II”.
- You can look up all UN3481 PI967 Section II requirements with any commercial shipper by searching for “UN3481 PI967”. For instance, see DHL's site.